Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Kazaam

When I saw Shaq rapping about Kobe the other day, I couldn't help my brain from flashing back to one of the true low-lights in entertainment history: Kazaam.


Yes, when Shaq decided to take a break from his day job (and I don't mean the time he became a Miami cop), he made this extremely smelly piece of crap thinking he was a good actor. I found myself thinking again the other day that he should just stick to dunking on people, huffing and puffing up and down the court and missing free throws. I mean, he was a platinum-selling rap artist, but he was overrated there too. Way overrated. Did you actually ever listen to his music? I did, and I lost a little bit of myself in the process.

And, you may not have noticed, but the Twins have won SEVEN in a row and won games against the top two pitchers in the National League (Webb and Peavy) and baseball's all-time saves leader (Hoffman) in that stretch! But Gardy, why do you pull Kevin Slowey after six scoreless innings? If a guy's dominating, and he can take pressure off your bullpen, why not let him go? Maybe he knows something I don't, but come on...give the rookie a shot at a complete game shutout. Or at least a win...he didn't even get that last night.

I'm out like Pavol Demitra.

1 comment:

Ted C. Williams said...

Hindsight is 20/20, and its easy to criticize Gardenhire for pulling Kevin early, but what if in the 7th he would've been rocked for three or four runs? Would the chatter then be "We want him to be like Brad Radke, but the only part about him that's similar is that he gives up the long ball too many times"? Slowey is young, and its better for him to get a quality no decision then for him to get demolished after six great innings of work...then again, I'm a Twins apologist, so take my comments with a grain of salt. :)